Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Movies

I LOVE Christmas movies and  I have three favorites. Want to hear about them?  Oh, good...

First, for obvious reasons, White Christmas.  Well, okay, they may be obvious, but I'll tell you my reasons anyway.  It's my favorite sort of romance.  The, "I don't really like you" meets "Man you're actually pretty cool and I think maybe..."  Plus, they sing!  How could it get better than that?!

Second, Miracle on 34th Street.  I love the magic.  I love the idea of something bigger, something fantastical and by the end I find myself seeing the magic in my life.  I also want to give (or show) the magic to those around me.  This feeling is one of my very favorite things about the Christmas season.

My last favorite is Christmas Carol.  Not just Disney's new version, any version.  There are so many out there and I've loved every single one I've seen.  Who doesn't love second chance movies?  I get to relearn how the power truly does lie within me to change (or stay the same).  I can be whoever I want!  How cool is that?  Although, slightly terrifying at the very same time.

I addition to those, I also love to watch just about any Christmas romantic comedy I can get my hands on.  I get super sappy over every ABC Family, Lifetime, and Halmark movie out there.  You know what I'm talking about right, those seriously cheesy ones?  Yep, those. 

Christmas movies are so much fun.  Watching them with my kids just makes them better.  I love to think that I'm passing down my traditions, my favorites to them.  Someday maybe they'll sit down with their kids to watch White Christmas.  Tonight we're watching A Christmas Carol.

What are you watching with your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...