Tuesday, November 6, 2012

More Checklists

The day we've all been waiting for...B's weekly schedule!

Okay, maybe you weren't all waiting.  Shoot.  Anyway...

B is my 2nd grader and his schedule is slightly different from J's. 


The first thing you'll notice is the yellow.  These are sections that B can do on his own.  He usually gets a start on these first thing in the morning while I'm helping J.  Next we move to the work M, B, and J do together (like I mentioned in my previous post about J's day) and then we do the work B and J do together.  After that's done (and J is finished up for the day), B and I do his last few bits and pieces together (only writing and grammar most days).  B generally finishes up his day reading. 

His favorite subject right now is math, but only because he gets to do it on the computer.  We are trying out Teaching Textbooks this year and we're all (especially B) liking it a lot so far. 

I am so proud of how far he has come and how hard he is willing to work everyday.  I've been homeschooling B the longest so it's easier for me to see how much he has grown.  Don't get me wrong, we have some rough days (B tends to get distracted by pretty much anything), but the good outweighs any hard bits.  A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...