Thursday, July 11, 2013

Buying Curriculum


I've finally come to that point again.  You know, the one where I've done all the planning and re-arranging I'm going to let myself do.  All that's left is to purchase next years curriculum.

I really don't like this part.  The buying part.  The clicking the purchase button part (I buy almost all of my curriculum online...on Amazon for the most part, I LOVE Amazon). 

I'm not sure what it is, but I really don't like spending money.  Is that strange? 

It's super stressful and I sort of avoid it by finding other things to do (like write about it).

Even after I've budgeted and planned and have everything ready to go.  Nuts, I know.

Now, getting the boxes is fun.  We love it when our boxes start showing up.  The kids and I all do little happy, clappy dances as we run for a pair of scissors to cut off the tape, open the boxes and pull all our bright, shiny new books out. 

I also happen to love organizing them in our school room.  Arranging it so everyone has their own space on our shelves, sorting through and putting different subjects together and standing back to admire to organization perfection.

Just because that perfection doesn't seem to last past the first day of school doesn't mean I can't keeping dreaming that someday it might.  Right?

Okay, I've got to get clicking ... or maybe I should go fold my laundry first.  It does need to be done, really.

Love from Stressville,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...