Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Exactly

I've signed up to receive a few different emails from a few different groups.  Some are monthly, weekly, and a few are daily.  One of the daily ones sends me a religious quote and I hate to admit it, but there are days I just delete it. 

I almost did that yesterday, but something made me stop and take the few seconds out of my day to READ the quote I signed up to get.  I knew I'd like them (whenever I read them, I do) and yesterday's was no exception. 

In fact, it was exactly why I started this blog.  Or at least, the purpose of the blog is to chronicle my journey doing what it talks about. 

So, without further ado:

"Let us resolve to follow the Savior and work with diligence to become the person we were designed to become. Let us listen to and obey the promptings of the Holy Spirit. As we do so, Heavenly Father will reveal to us things we never knew about ourselves. He will illuminate the path ahead and open our eyes to see our unknown and perhaps unimagined talents. The more we devote ourselves to the pursuit of holiness and happiness, the less likely we will be on a path to regrets. The more we rely on the Savior’s grace, the more we will feel that we are on the track our Father in Heaven has intended for us."

--President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Of Regrets and Resolutions", November 2012 Ensign

This isn't always easy.  Not at all, but it is what I strive for. 

This quote makes me think of a picture I have on the wall of my living room.  It's of a man standing in the dark holding a lantern.  His lantern doesn't light very far in front of him, just far enough for a few steps.  I've always loved it.  Having the courage to take those few steps, hoping that the light will continue to show the way.  Having faith.  So great!

Do you have any favorite quotes that inspire you?
 

1 comment:

  1. I really like this quote. It will used as my next spiritual thought. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...