Friday, April 19, 2013

Planet Pinteresting

We're just finishing up studying the planets and I was looking through my some of my boards on Pinterest when I came across a pin for a simple planet project

Perfect.



You can find the instructions and a planet template on the Busy Bee Kids Crafts website.  The one thing I thought about doing, but didn't in the name of simplicity (and slight laziness), was make my own planet templates so they would be the right sizes in relation to each other.  They really aren't, but my kids didn't care.

I was thinking we might make our own later (next week?).  I could set up a project for my 6th grader to decide how big she wants earth and then figure out how big every other planet should be in relation (a good use of math skills).  Then, we can cut them out and hang them on our wall (go teamwork!).  Although, we might need to hang them outside our schoolroom (it's sorta tiny) depending on how big she goes.

I'm still amazed at how much fun my kids have doing any sort of craft project.  It reminds me how important it is to plan ahead enough to get them ready.  Huh, I think this calls for a little more Pinteresting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...