Thursday, May 9, 2013

2013 Primary Bulletin Board

Okay, I know it's a little late to be posting about a bulletin board, but I only just got one.  Well, I sort of asked for one.  I know, I'm crazy like that.

A few months ago I noticed a bulletin board in our church building that didn't seem to be in use.  There were a few pictures up, but nothing auxiliary specific and I finally remembered to ask about it a month or so ago. 

I already have a tri-fold, movable type board that we put out in our primary room every week, but I thought it would be fun for the kids to be able to show their parents the things we're talking about and working on and this is what I came up with.


I tried to make it as simple as possible by using things I already had and not making it necessary to change the whole thing monthly.  We used this picture of Christ with the children on our binders this year and I really love it.  I got the yearly and monthly theme posters from Simply Fresh Designs (as well as the border for my Armor of God piece description).

Every month I will change out the Monthly poster and the Armor of God piece description while adding the matching piece to our guy.  That bottom, left-hand section encourages the kids (reminds the parents) to work on memorizing our monthly scripture with this quote from Elder Richard G. Scott,

"Scriptures are like packets of light that illuminate our minds and give place to guidance and inspiration from on high."

Doesn't that make you want to run out and memorize a bunch of scriptures? 

I'm pretty excited about the new addition to our building and hope it gives the kids a chance to talk with their parents more about what they're learning during primary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...