Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Nuggets of Wisdom

Have you ever heard of LDS Nuggets?  If you go to their website, you can subscribe to their service simply by entering your email address. 

And what do you get in return?  A "golden thought to treasure" every week.  At least, that's what they say. 

The quotes are always good, but there have been a few that have resonated with me.  Made me stop in my busy day and re-read (and sometimes re-read again).  Then ponder why this passage touched my heart and what I should do about it. 

I just had another of these moments yesterday when I received this quote by President Henry B. Eyring from his October General Conference talk last year,

"The Holy Ghost is sent to you and to those you care for.  You will be strengthened and yet inspired to know the limits and extent of your ability to serve.  The Spirit will comfort you when you may wonder, "Did I do enough?" I testify that the Lord will be with you and that your way will be prepared and marked for you by Him in your service to those He loves in their needs and trials."

When I read or listen to a General Conference talk, I read it as a whole and sometimes miss little pieces of it.  Or perhaps I don't miss them, but they affect me differently in the context of the entire talk.

It took pulling this quote out on its own, to strike me and make me ponder about the service I give in all areas of my life.  I try to not second guess and worry about what I could have done, but it happens.  I worry about my abilities as a mother, a friend, a visiting teacher, a member of the Primary Presidency. 

This quote brings peace to my heart and I'm pretty sure was meant just for me.  Okay, maybe not just for me, but it's a blessing how much it inspires and comforts me.

If you'd like to try out LDS Nuggets for yourself, click on the link and subscribe!  Just do it, maybe one day, when you're struggling, you'll open your email and find just the piece of wisdom you've been looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...