Sunday, June 8, 2014

The 7 Habits of Hightly Effective Teens


This year Makenna and I have been reading through The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens and, I have to say, it's been pretty great.  I would highly recommend reading it with your teen. 

While it's true you could assign them sections or pages to read, reading it with her has led to MANY great discussions.  She has a question, or I think of an experience I've had, and we end up sitting and talking.  It's pretty great.

We've kept it really low key, just reading 7-10 pages once a week, so it didn't add too much to her already full schedule.

Each chapter has "Baby Steps" to help you implement the topic you've been reading about.  We didn't start out doing them, but just recently decided to go back and work through the ones that we either needed the most help with or just thought sounded fun.  I'm loving how well it helps to think more about the steps and how we can really LIVE them.

We'll definitely continue reading it through our next school year and I'll plan on reading it with my boys when they're a little older.

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...